You may have heard about GMO seeds, but was what you heard actually true? Dan Charles of NPR’s The Salt addresses prevalent misinformation about genetically modified seeds.
- Myth 1: Seeds from GMOs are sterile.
- Myth 2: Monsanto will sue you for growing their patented GMOs if traces of those GMOs entered your fields through wind-blown pollen.
- Myth 3: Any contamination with GMOs makes organic food non-organic.
- Myth 4: Before Monsanto got in the way, farmers typically saved their seeds and re-used them.
- Myth 5: Most seeds these days are genetically modified.
Get the whole story here.